Friday 21 November 2014

The Man

There is that distant look in his eyes
You can tell he has seen things, heard voices
The calculated steps...the lingering thoughts
A deliberate pause whenever he speaks
Sometimes his voice raised..some days a soft texture
Whatever it takes to get his point home


The lines on his face I would draw with love
For my sake he worries , for my gain he struggles
A hearty laughter, an escaping tear
Broken words for the sad tales
Too many over the years..wish I could share
His burden lighten..


The simple things..they make him happy
A  way to keep the troubles away
His dedication, his resilience a character to admire
The warm look in his eyes
When I look into my fathers eyes..I see a man that has made his choices right
I see the image..a reflection of me
I see nothing but love


No comments:

Post a Comment