Monday 29 September 2014

 Coming Of Age:


There are days I used, to say to myself,
oh life! What a pain
 That haggard look, that tired face..that broken spirit,
I dreaded the dusk, and hated the dawn in equal measure,
I really never had reasons, I cant remember any you know..
 I must have thought that's how best to face life,
My bones cracked under my own skin...what a shame

 The laughter beyond was like a mocking echo..
I wore life on myself like a dusted coat...
Making sacrifices for undeserving souls,
How I still remember those weary games.

Then someday I woke, from the long slumber
and thought oh my! what a fool I had been,
all those years
I looked around and saw warm faces,
Yes it could be, that the love in peoples hearts can triumph evil
So this days I think, I don't mind going round in circles,
Something good can last forever..
You just need to see it that way..
Be the King or the queen of everything
I look yonder and see green
It was always there I just never saw it all along

It feels like the coming of age

No comments:

Post a Comment