Wednesday 24 September 2014


The good old days:



This lonely lands were once vibrant with playful souls..

We ran up those hills and danced in the rain,...
    in the river we swam aware of our parents wrath
       oh! the mango seasons were a call to crawl under barbed wire without the farmers knowledge

We filled up the seats in Sunday school and recited memory verses,
   there is a boy I liked I remember, the butterflies in my stomach...
                  how fast time passes 
this loney lands were once filled with laughter,
      echoes of worried mothers , shadows of young lovers...
These strange faces with distant looks used to be playmates,
    now the playfields are green with grass,
 dont ask me why I miss the yester years; the distant look is all I will give you 

my childhood memories will long remain ...I refuse to forget the good old days...@carolapoems

1 comment: